Instagram grid pinning is here! Adam Mosseri, announced the news of a few new Instagram features and today's focus is going to be grid pinning. In this blog, we will break down why this is important, what this means for you and the 3 types of posts we recommend you pin.
Here are three different types of posts that will help keep your followers coming back for more.
1. Showcase your work: Share a post that features one of your recent coaching or service packages. This is a great way to show off your skills and attract potential new clients.
2. Give a sneak peek: If you’re gearing up for a new product launch, give your followers a sneak peek! Share an image or video of the upcoming product and tell your followers what they can expect.
3. Introduce yourself: With the right social media strategy, you will achieve a lot of profile views. It's important your audience knows who you are and what you do to build trust immediately.
What is the Instagram Grid Pinning Feature?
This feature might be VERY familiar to some of you. You may recognize it from TikTok or Twitter and now Instagram. Grid pinning gives users the ability to pin up to 3 posts at the top of their feed.
Think of these posts as a place to showcase your best performing content so you can attract and convert new viewers with ease.
How to Use Instagram’s Grid Pinning Feature?
Grid pinning is easy to use and with any new Instagram feature, we highly recommend you leverage it. This is because Instagram positively rewards those who leverage their brand new features. This reward can come in the form of landing more views on your Reels, your post landing organic grow from the Explore Page, a spike in followers from the suggested page or your hashtags landing a spike in impressions.
Step-by-step guide to start pinning your posts:
Step 1: To pin up to three posts at the top of your feed, all you have to do is simply go to the post you wish to pin and click on the 3 dots at the top right-hand corner.
Step 2: Next, you will see a full menu appear and you will click "pin to profile."
Then the post will appear at the top of your grid and you can change these posts out as you wish. The question is, what types of posts should you pin? What is the best strategy for this?
These top 3 posts are what we like to call, precious Instagram feed real estate. When choosing which posts to pin at the top, we highly recommend being intentional about your decisions.
If you are an online coach, service provider or personal brand we recommend pinning these three post types:
Value-driven educational carousel: Choose a carousel you have posted previously that landed a lot of saves or comments
- Photo of you: This builds know, like and trust immediately
- Promotional post: Solve your audience's greatest challenges by pinning your new course or service offer
Are you ready to give Instagram grid pinning a try? I invite you to review my feed posts over on Instagram for inspiration. Strategizing which posts to pin at the top is a great place to increase conversion. But if you are looking for a team of experts to take your business to the next level, we can help.
From designing websites that convert with ease to managing your social media marketing, blogging and lead generation we got you covered! Book a call with our founder, Carly here to chat about your goals and how we can help you master your digital presence.